Certainly a new favorite of mine. I am a big fan of Thai food so this hits the spot every time. Gluten free, dairy free, and vegan. Oh man, I can’t believe I am becoming that girl. Since it’s all in one pot this is a really easy quick soup.
10 minutes prep. 15 minutes cook time.
This soup is good any time of day and especially tasty on a cold day. mmmm.
1 can coconut milk (i have used both the light and the regular. I found them equally tasty)
16-20 oz vegetable stock ( I prefer adding a little water to dilute a bit)
2 cups mushrooms sliced
1 small zucchini – 1/4′d and chopped
1 medium onion
1 cup fresh spinach
1 small broccoli crown – cut small
1 cup cabbage shredded (red or green)
1 cup chopped cilantro
1 tbs yellow curry
1-2 limes or 1 lemon
2 dried arbol peppers (spicy)
1 tsp garlic chili sauce (optional)
splash gluten free tamari
2 garlic cloves chopped
1 tbs sesame seeds
salt/pepper to taste
- heat up a good sized pot
- add the oil.
- throw in the: onions, mushrooms and sauté for a few minutes.
- add the zucchini
- once onions are translucent toss in the dried peppers, garlic curry powder and the sesame seeds and mix it all in to toast a bit
- in goes the veggie stock. Bring to boil.
- in goes the coconut milk bring to boil again, turn down the heat and let simmer for a few minutes
- add the lemon/lime jucie
- add the tamari (to taste)
- the broccoli goes in, wait a minute and turn off the stove
- add the spinach and cilantro and cabbage give it a spin.
- salt and peper to taste.
- serve immediately.