I like to call them Cave Man Crackers. They are that easy and basic. A total staple for little open faced sandwiches, humus vehicle and a rad
This recipe is modified from from a great flax cracker I found on Pinterest. Go pin it so it’s handy or at least look at photos of the step by step process and the final product. I haven’t snapped one yet but I guarantee that they will be making an appearance regularly.
In the vitamix:
- 1 3/4 c whole flax seed. (half golden, half brown)
- 1/4 c sesame seeds
- 1/4 tsp – garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
transfer into a bowl
- add a few good shakes of whole sesame seeds.
- add 1 cup water and mix it up with your hands.
- It should be about a 1/4 inch thick maybe even a little less.
- Get it as even as possible. I like the rough edges.
- Score them with a butter knife. I like them in 3-4 inch squares to build sandwiches on.
- You can get 2 cookie sheets full if you keep it on the thin side.
Bake at 400˚ Set the timer for 20 min and check them. They should be pretty solid when you take them out. If it still feels doughy keep going. They will look toasty brown. Once they start to toast they burn fast so…
Store them in a ziplock bag in your pantry and throw them under the broiler of the toaster oven for a few minutes will crisp them right up. If needed.